So, it's Friday, pretties. Finally. Let's 'fess. Link up with Leslie if you want to join in.
1. I may or may not be indecently excited that tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo. "Why?" you may ask. Because, no, I am not of Mexican heritage (could you tell?) And no, I'm really not an alcoholic. There's just something better than great about a frosty margarita, some tangy limes, and the salt of some chips and spicy salsa. And the cheesy queso dips and guacamole. And the enchiladas. It's all good. So, for one day, I am celebrating the non-existent Mexican in me with no holds barred. Meaning, no counting of the calories. And that day will be tomorrow.
4. In keeping with the whole working out thing, I found a bikini boot camp in my area, and am seriously considering trying it. Even though it's from 5:30 to 6:15 am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for the month of June. Am I crazy? I've heard the instructor will 'kick butt,' and I think some butt kicking may be just what I need right now, pre-bikini season. Folks, this may happen.
5. Okay, I'm done talking about working out and weight in this post.
6. And by the way, my hubby and I have consumed wedding cake almost every night this week. Just FYI.
7. I made a 'wish list' of things that I would like to have one day. A list of classics that I think every grown woman should have. It's composed mainly of clothing items, with a few accessories and baubles thrown in. I thought it was a pretty good little list. Comprehensive. And then I realized that B will have to be full-on doctor with a full-on doctor's salary before I can afford to indulge in
|I will have these. One day. Via|
8. True story: I had a dream last night that Kate - as in Duchess of Cambridge, Kate - and I were BFF's. And that we went on leisurely bike rides down country lanes with Wills (you know, the future king). While looking impeccably dressed at all times, of course. Then I woke up. Sad day. Because not only am I not BFF with the Princess of Perfect, but I am also not impeccably dressed at all times. I don't know which one is more disappointing here...
9. I am super excited to take a mini-trip to Atlanta this weekend. For three reasons. A) I will get to see my fam. No explanation needed there. B) I'm grabbing lunch with an old friend - who I haven't seen in like two years!- while I'm in town and can't wait to see her. And C) I'm gettin' my hair did. Thank the sweet Lord. I haven't had highlights since February, and girls: It shows.
10. I may or may not be extremely excited about a doctor's appointment that I have scheduled this morning, simply because it means I will be leaving the office at 10:00am today instead of noon. Is that sad? Oh well. I get my kicks where I can.
11. B and I seem to have adopted another cat. Along with the pup, kitten and turtle we already play Mommy and Daddy to. This little fur ball just showed up on our porch the other day. Sweet as she can be. I call her "Pretty." I'm creative, huh? Granted she is an outdoor cat, so we don't do much except play with her, rub her belly and feed her. But still, I think she may have chosen us for her own. Sigh. How will I ever be able to afford children when I just keep picking up strays?
12. Speaking of pets, the other day, while outside playing with Ellie Belle, I got tangled up in the rope that she stays on while out in the yard. Meaning: Ellie ran a figure eight around me before I even realized what was happening. And I ended up with some terrible rope burns around my right ankle. Terrible as in, skin completely flayed off my ankle area. Disgusting, puss-inflamed and bright red. I almost took a picture just to prove how awful it was, but then decided it was too graphic for a Friday morning and didn't want to gross you all out. But seriously, how do these things happen to me? Who ever heard of a '3rd degree' rope burn? Does that even exist? Sigh again. All I can hope for right now is the miracle of vitamin E and Neosporin. I have enough scars as it is and really don't want to add to the collection.
13. I may or may not be reading the 'Fifty Shades' trilogy again. When I just finished them last week. Listen, I know they aren't Pulitzer material or anything. But I like them. Don't judge.
14. I couldn't have 13 confessions, so I made a 14 just so I wouldn't be unlucky. I confess. I'm weird like that. Taylor Swift is welcome to the number 13. It's all hers.
What do you have to confess this week?