We've made it to another weekend, lovelies. This week was long and exhausting - I can't say I'm sorry to see the tail end of it. I just need some good ol' fashioned 'me' time. Some time to rest and relax. Oh, and meal plan. Which takes a lot longer these days, as I never know what I might be in the mood for on a day-to-day basis. And which, as you can imagine, makes grocery shopping a big challenge. So, before I attempt a grocery list this morning, I thought we could do a weekly 'fess sesh. Link up with Leslie to join in!
1. Despite the fact that I'm glad it's the weekend, the hubs is on call all day tomorrow and I am not excited about it. We get to spend so little time together during the week with our busy schedules, I really count on our weekend time. Guess I'll just have to shop or something while he's at work. The sacrifices I make...
2. I can't stand Justin Bieber. It's official. He's short and tiny and wears adult onesies. How is that attractive? And how did he get Selena Gomez?
3. Y'all. Help. My skin is SO dry lately. It's all red, flaky and uneven - especially on my face - and just looks gross. See Exhibit A below for proof. I don't know if it's just that time of year, if it's due to pregnancy hormones, or if it's a combination of both. All I know is that I am constantly moisturizing, and I'm still struggling. No fun. Any advice from fellow preggos or skin experts on how to fix this unseemly situation?
|Remember this pic from week 18? Notice how red my face looks. |
Ew. Just ew. Not cute.
5. I may or may not have had at least one Krispy Kreme donut. Every. Day. This. Week. Great pregnancy diet, eh? I'm scared of the weigh-in at my 20 week appointment next week, and will be avoiding all scales until then. At 16 weeks, I was up a total of less than 6 pounds. I have a feeling there will definitely be a few more lbs on the scale next time.
6. I saw this product recommended on a blog that I follow. And now, I really want to try it. I think it may be the perfect blush for winter-dry skin. Bonus: it's all natural.
|Get it here.|
8. I totally forgot to do a week 19 'bump'date this week. Oops. Guess we'll just start the 'bump'dates next week with week 20. And I'll pretend like I meant to do that. For now...
|Week 19. Still wearing pre-preggo pants...But not for much longer.|
(And again - these are just cameraphone snaps, so don't judge my poor photo quality).
|Close up with the bump. Skin's a little better this week, but still pretty dry.|
10. I ordered the crib and bookshelf for baby boy's nursery. Then immediately texted my mother-in-law to say, "This is really happening!" Something about plunking down large chunks of change on furniture made it seem more real than ever. Even more real than the burgeoning belly I've got going on. Go figure.
11. Motherhood Maternity sucks. In fact, I'd really like to quit my job, start my own maternity line and rule the preggo world. That's how disappointed I have been with the maternity wear for little pregnant mamas like me who are looking for cute bump clothes at good prices. Let me just tell you folks: it ain't easy. I've been hitting up the Gap sale sections online on an almost daily basis. There must be a lot of women who agree with me, because let me tell you - the maternity sale items at Gap fly. Fly. As in, I've literally watched items sell out right before my very eyes because I wasn't quick enough whipping out the credit card.
12. Last, but not least, I confess that I am so thankful for all of you. Yes, you! You all have been so wonderful and so supportive, both through tough times, and now through better times, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Every comment you share is read and makes me feel so loved on. I reply to as many as I can, but if I've missed replying to any of you, please know that I read your words and am thankful for them!
That's all I've got for today, ladies!
Have a wonderful Friday and a fabulous weekend:)