I am so glad it's Friday. You have no idea. This has not been a good week. I feel like January just punched me in the face this week. I've been tired, unmotivated, a tad bit blue and just generally no fun to be around. At all. My poor, sweet hubby.
Today, I am linking up Leslie for a much-need 'fess sesh. If it's a little snarkier than my usual confessions, I apologize in advance. That's just how I'm rolling this morning. Here we go.
1. The first part of this clip, specifically, the 'Gar-Bear, I'm sorry, all I really want to do is punch you in the face' quote, has been me all week. I don't know what this kid is doing to me, but this week, all I've wanted to do is cry, throw hissy fits, cry, pull poor B's hair out in frustration, and cry some more. Really hoping this stage passes soon.
2. In other news, because of my confession in #1, I think I've managed to convince B that knocking me up 5 times is not a good idea. Yes, he wanted 5 children. Let's not even talk about the fact that there was no way I was ever planning on giving birth 5 times.
3. Though my appetite has not increased exponentially, I feel like my baby bump has over the past week or two. Even the hubs noticed it last night while I was brushing my teeth. He reached over and palmed the belly, then said, "Woah, it's really hard. It was a little squishier feeling before, but now's it's like a rock."
4. To which I responded by giving him the 'death glare' and saying, "Did you just tell me that my belly was squishy?" I've never seen him exit a room so fast. Seriously.
5. As a side note, he's actually right - though I wouldn't say my belly was ever squishy, it is definitely harder now. Really hard. It truly looks like I've swallowed a small basketball.
6. I get on my baby registries every day. I can't help it. It's addictive. I know that no one's buying anything on it yet (except my very-excited sister, who's buying up a storm!) And won't be for a while, since my baby showers aren't until April. But I just like looking at the stuff on it. I can't stop.
7. I watched this show Monday night. And it scared the heck out of me. Note to self: NEVER watch it again. And you shouldn't either. It's honestly terrifying.
8. I'm a little sick of seeing OOTD 'selfies' on blogs across the blogosphere lately. No offense to those of you who like to do them - I'm truly not saying this to be mean. I just get a little weary of seeing pictures of outfits all the time.
9. The above confession may or may not stem from the fact that I can't shop like normal, due to the bulge I am currently growing in my midsection. So, please, don't take it personally if you are a OOTD, self-photographing fiend.
10. I need a haircut. Badly. My hair has completely lost its shape and just hangs in my face now. Not cute. Prenatal vitamins really make your hair grow fast. Which is great if you're trying to grow your hair out. But not so great if you have highlights - because it means that they grow out faster too. Boo. I'm thinking about really changing it up by lopping off a few inches and adding layers. I'm thinking a longer version of this...
|She is so adorable. Can't believe she's birthed 3 babies!|
11. Along with bedraggled hair, I've also got spots. Pregnancy acne. Ew. I'm currently sporting 3 red bumps in my chin area. And let me tell you, it's not cute. I caked on the concealer today in an attempt to cover it, but don't think it's working. What's even lovelier? There's almost nothing you can do about it - no topical meds, no oral meds, nothing with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Nada. So, I'm stuck with the bumps. Urgh.
12. Victoria's Secret sends me emails every day. I used to love getting updates on their sales and specials. Now, they just seem like cruel reminders of the fact that I can no longer fit my preggo boobs into any of their adorable, lace-adorned creations. And won't be able to for months. All the pretty bras in my lingerie drawer sit forlornly, watching as I pull out the boring white ones every day. Which also don't happen to fit, but are the closest thing to it I have right now. This mama needs to do some under garment shopping. Like, today.
I really just want some french fries. Right now. And my nice warm bed. Is that too much to ask?