Today is a misty, grey day here in Georgia. It rained all night last night - and by all night, I mean all night. I woke up every hour on the hour and heard the rain beating down. Normally I love the sound of the rain. But for some reason, last night, all I could think about was how, surely, all of the plants in our yard must be drowning in the deluge. A weird thing to think about, I know. I think the 'pregnancy brain' has finally kicked in.
Along with worrying about the unceasing downpour, I was awakened every hour by a certain little nugget. Who has apparently decided that, since Momma can now feel him kicking around in her tummy, it's fun to kick all night long. While my first thought upon waking up at 4:00 am, for approximately the fourth time in one night, was to be annoyed, my second thought was, "You precious boy - kick me all night long if you want." There truly is nothing sweeter than feeling your very own tiny baby moving around inside of your body. Last night, while sitting in bed and watching the end of the Grammy's, I lifted my shirt up so that B could see my tummy. He has now gotten to feel baby boy move several times, but last night was the first time he had gotten to see it. Little man was feeling particularly squirmy around 11:30 last night, and B was able to see a little foot (or fist, I suppose) connect with the wall of my tummy in several spots in succession. There was a little thump on the right side, then another on the left and then one in the middle, right underneath my belly button. Baby man must have been having a dance party in there last night - who knows, maybe he was just trying to show up JT and Adam Levine on Grammy night? Regardless, it was neat to be able to see the movement. Every day his presence is more and more real to me. He is so precious already, and being able to share the feeling and sight of his movement is making him more real for his daddy now too.
I don't have a lot to share today, but thought I might leave you with a few updates from our weekend:
- On Friday, B and I visited an antique mall in our area and were able to find baby boy's dresser. Hallelujah! I didn't take a picture of it, as right now it is an oak color and needs to be painted, but I just know that with a fresh coat of white paint it will be perfect. It's sturdy and well-made and was less expensive than some of the Target and Walmart options we had been eyeing for budget's sake.
- We also went ahead and ordered the nursery rug from Overstock. It was on sale, and I ordered it through eBates, so we will get a portion of the sale back. Win-win. The nursery is really coming along. I plan to post a nursery inspiration post with some 'Before' pictures soon, so stay tuned for that.
- I painted my nails in honor of Valentine's Day. Isn't it cute?
|Got the inspiration and easy tutorial here.|
- I intended to make Valentine's Day cut-out cookies, but thought better of it after being left with the above mentioned cake. To be honest though, I'm still considering whipping up a batch. Bad news.
- Last night, B and I had dinner with my bestie, her fiance and her fiance's little brother. They were passing through town and called us to see if we could meet up. We hadn't seen them since Christmas, so it was great to get to catch up. I am so looking forward to all of her wedding festivities in the coming months, as it means I will get to see her more! I remember the events being one of my favorite things during the wedding planning process - it was always so fun getting to see and catch up with friends you just don't get to see often enough throughout the year.
- We watched a little bit of the Grammy's last night. We were happy to see Mumford and Sons take home "Album of the Year", always love when Adele wins - I mean, how can anyone compete with that voice? - and super surprised to see that most people seemed to be adhering to the new dress code rules. I'm glad they put those in place this year. There are just some body parts that I don't want to see. And I'm glad CBS agrees.