Hope that you've all had a fabulous week and are gearing up for an even more fabulous weekend. I know I am! After several weeks of resting up and preparing for the whirlwind that will be our lives for the next few months, I am ready and raring to go. B and I won't have a free weekend until mid-May from here on out. And the only reason we are slowing down in mid-May? Well, because at that point, Caleb could make an appearance at any time and I have a feeling I won't want to be lugging my almost-10-months pregnant self around anymore...
Anywho, let's get down to business. Aka, a 'fess sesh to start our weekend off right. Link up with Leslie to share what's on your mind today. Side note: Leslie posts a little later than I do, so if you pop over and the link-up isn't posted yet, check back again later this morning.
1. The hubs and I are headed to Atlanta today. For two exciting events - a birthday and a wedding shower. My little sister turned 25 this week (Lord, how old that makes me feel!) and we are going to celebrate that milestone with her this weekend. Can't wait to see the fam and consume way too many calories between my mother's yummy desserts and a trip to the Vortex for some sinful hamburgers! I'm sure my belly will be even bigger in next week's 'bump'date...
2. My best friend's first wedding shower is tomorrow! I am so excited for her. And just can't wait to see her and celebrate her special day. I ordered her gifts weeks ago and they have been sitting in our house taunting me ever since. Can't wait to see her face when she opens them!:)
3. While in ATL, I will be getting my hair done. Finally. I haven't had a haircut or highlights since the beginning of December. As in, about 15 weeks ago y'all. Seriously. Mama needs some hair TLC bad. I will definitely be taking off a few inches of this insane preggo hair, adding some long side bangs and lightening it up with some uber-blonde highlights. I. Cannot. Wait.
4. I could really go for some raspberry gelato. Like, right now.
5. These shoes, which I've blogged about several times now, are bringing me more happiness than I ever thought possible. This may or may not be because they are about the only cute thing I can wear anymore...
6. I tried this dress on at Target, thinking it would be really cute. It wasn't. Another fail in the land of maternity clothing. I tried, Liz Lange. I really tried.
|Liz Lange Maternity Maxi|
|Merona Maternity Maxi|
9. On that note, my snarky self just has to confess that I really believe that a lot of preggo bloggers 'fudge' the truth in the weight gain area. I admit - it's hard to tell the truth. I'd like you all to think that I'm perfect and will only gain a total of 25 lbs over the entire pregnancy. But that ain't the truth. And I don't think fellow bloggers who pretend that it is are helping any of us. The truth is: most first time moms gain an average of 40 pounds! (this info came straight from my doctor) As a side note, if you're going to share the bump pictures in which you look like a blown-up beach ball and then tell us that you've only gained 20 lbs, well...I, for one, don't believe you.
10. I realize that I talk so much about my soon-to-be-born baby, I've forgotten to share any updates on the fur babies in my house (who are just as spoiled as my child surely will be). Here's a couple recent shots of the hairy little nuggets who reside in our home.
|Aslan loves this leopard print blanket...|
|Which is actually Ellie's. Sharing's for caring. Right?|
|My little snug, waiting on her good night kiss. And yes, she gets tucked in every night. Rotten.|
11. I started using a gradual self-tanner over the last week. And I am loving the results. Instead of turning a neon orange or burnt brown, I have a subtle, believable golden glow going on. Which was my goal. After all, I'm not trying to look like I've been to the beach. I'm just trying to avoid blinding anyone with the glare off my winter white legs. My choice?
What have you got to share with me this week?