Thursday, February 6, 2014

Your Questions, Answered {Part I)

Falling in Love

Last week, I opened up the blog to questions from you sweet ladies. I wanted to give you all the opportunity to get to know me a little better, and to ask me anything that had been on your minds that I hadn't thought to address already. And you guys came through in a big way. I got some really good questions from several of you, and am so excited to share my answers. After working my way through some of your questions, I quickly realized that one blog post just wouldn't be enough, so I've decided to break it into 2 parts for easier reading. If your question doesn't get answered today, be sure to check back in next week's installment!

P!nky wanted to know: "If being a SAHM wasn't an option, what would be your dream job?"
With my Bachelor's Degree in Child and Family Development, I'd always hoped to get a job as a hospital liaison for sick children and their families. After quickly realizing that positions like that are few and far between, I got my Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education, and am still hoping to get back into the classroom one day. For now though, I am loving being at home every day with my favorite little man. He's the most demanding boss I've ever had, but also the sweetest. And ok, the cutest too:)

"What's your favorite accessory?"
That's a hard question. Hmmm...I guess I'd have to say my leopard print ballet flats. They are the best purchase I've ever made - I can wear them with almost everything, and they never go out of season.

Lynn asked: "What was your biggest fear about becoming a mom?"
I think, like a lot of moms, my biggest fear was that I just wasn't ready. You can read all the best parenting books out there, but until you are actually a parent, there's no real way to know if you are truly prepared or not. I worried that this little person was going to arrive, and that I just wouldn't know what to do. I worried that I wouldn't have what he needed. I worried that I wouldn't do anything right. I just worried. And then he arrived. And everything was just fine. I know I'll never be perfect, but as long as I'm doing my best, I'm happy with it, and I'm pretty sure Caleb is too:)

"What is one thing you've splurged on (that's just for you) since Caleb was born?"
Honestly, the splurges are few and far between these days. And when they do happen, it's usually on something for the little man. However, I did recently purchase a Clarisonic Mia, along with some new makeup and beauty products, and am so happy that I decided to go for it. My new mama skin has really changed, and I felt like these purchases were a much needed investment in my self-esteem!

Alisha asked: "What's in your purse?"
Oh, gosh. What's not in my purse!?! On a day-to-day basis, you will find my wallet, checkbook, mini-makeup bag, cell phone, hand sanitizer, lotion, brush, ibuprofen, notepad and pens, and a smattering of recent store coupons (to places like GAP, The Children's Place, Bath & Body Works, and so on). I try to keep all of Caleb's things in his diaper bag, but sometimes a bottle or stray toy or two will end up in my purse as well.

"When you have time to yourself, what is your favorite thing to do?"
Once upon a time, I would have said shopping or something super fun like a spa mani-pedi. Now that the budget is a little more, ahem, restrictive, I would have to say that my favorite thing to do when I have some 'me' time is take a long, luxurious bath with yummy bath bubbles, a glass of wine, and several delicious smelling candles. This is my favorite way to unwind after a busy day chasing after a crazy little one.

"If you could only pick one thing (a feature or quality), what is your favorite thing about B?"
I love this question! It's a tough one too, though. I'd have to say that one of my favorite things about B is his absolute unwavering reliability. When he tells me he's going to do something, he ALWAYS does it. From teeny tiny things, like when he says he'll call me during the day, to the bigger things, he never lets me down. As part of a marriage team, and now as parents, being able to depend on him 100% has been such a blessing to me. I am so very thankful for such a loving, caring, trustworthy partner to share this life with!


There's still time to throw a question or two my way if you haven't already! If there's anything on your mind, send it to me and I will do my best to get it answered for you next week.

And, as a side note, how romantic is the picture above? I wish I knew where this picture was taken, as I'd love to go and visit. Just imagine walking down that street with the soft pink lights on Valentine's Day. Or any day, for that matter. How amazing would that be? A perfect apres-date, date. Love.
Image

10 comments:

  1. Love these answers! They only make me love you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love! So glad you have B to rely on, that is so important in a marriage and as parents. And yay for the Clarisonic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love getting to read these answers. I feel like I already know you pretty well but these let me get to know you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! :) I don't know if I asked any questions on the first post, but I'll ask a few now! HAHA

    Besides being a SAHM and budgeting, what is the biggest thing that has changed in your life since having Caleb?

    What is a typical day like now that you're a SAHM?

    Would you like more kids?

    What is your favorite beverage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I volunteer for Make-A-Wish as a wish granter. It's a great way to be involved with the kiddos without a huge time commitment. You should look for your local chapter and consider volunteering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love reading these answers! Need to invest in a pair of leopard flats myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I loved reading your answers! I think I will be asking for a pair of leopard flats for Mother's Day {since there's no sign of spring in sight...} ;) Absolutely in love with that above picture. I've been trying to master the bokeh {sp?} lights effect with my camera. I'm tempted to get the Christmas lights back out to practice. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! OK, here's a question: Where do you hope you guys end up for your husband's residency? Are you on board with his top 3 picks for the Match?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous picture and a fun post! And I read a few below this one and they're fun, too. Excited to start reading your blog :)

    ashleynicoleholmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled on your blog a few months ago and I have to say I can't wait to get home everyday and sit down and read your daily post every night after putting my princess to bed. You have such a beautiful family and I admire you and B's relationship and could only wish that I had your sense of style!! :) my question for you is: what kindof budget are you guys on? I jUST found out a couple weeks ago that my bank I work at is closing its doors on may 30th so I'm once again going to be out of a job. So I'm trying to figure out a budget that is easy for us to stick to especially if I don't find another jobright away . Ty for always writing such amazing posts that always keep me wanting to read more and more!! Melissa. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! So please, take a minute and share a few words with me:)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS